Bachelor of Arts, College of Environmental Design with a degree in Architecture, University of California, Berkeley.
Registrations: California Architect 1993 and Nevada Residential Designer 2009, lapsed in Hawaii and Colorado.
Over 30 years of experience in architecture and construction.
Mr. Reinkens' responsibilities as President and CEO of MWA, inc. include Principal-in-Charge of design, marketing, human resources, and project manager.
In 2009 Mr. Reinkens received the "Professional of the Year" award from the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe, and in 2008 MWA received the People's Choice - Architectural Firm by Tahoe Quarterly Magazine. He has received numerous other design awards.
Mr. Reinkens served three years on the Town of Truckee Planning Commission where he received certified Ethics Training for Public Officials, was actively involved in adoption of the Planning Commission Values Statement, the Trails and Bikeways Master Plan, the Commercial Row Development Code Amendment, the 2007-2014 Housing Element update while serving on the Housing Advisory Working Group. In addition, Reinkens reviewed major development projects including the Village at Grays Crossing Phases 1 and 2, Hotel Avery, Town of Truckee Public Service Center, the Hilltop Master Plan, and the Railyard Master Plan.
Mr. Reinkens is the author and current administrator of design review guidelines for Stony Ridge HOA. He served on the Lahontan HOA design review oversight committee. He served on the Board of the Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe Political Action Committee. He is a volunteer fund raiser for the Truckee River Watershed Council. He has been involved in Strategic Economic Council, Downtown Merchant Association, Chamber of Commerce, Sierra Green Building Council, Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe, Sierra Business Council, and Founding Fifty of Truckee Trails.
Kurt is married with two beautiful daughters and enjoys coaching youth soccer, mountain biking, skiing, hatha and kriya yoga, and nourishing lasting friendships.
Mr. Reinkens has been with MWA, inc. since 1988 and principal since 1994 and has served as chief designer or Principal-in-Charge for numerous projects including:
- 60+ high-end custom residences in Lahontan
- The Rock commercial mixed-use project
- The Rock Garden commercial / retail center
- The Porter Simon Building, historic downtown Truckee
- 968 Park Ave, Eco-Hotel and Spa, South Lake Tahoe
- Cafe Meridian, historic downtown Truckee (Kurt laid half the bricks himself)
- Truckee Tahoe Airport Terminal Building Competition-peoples' choice (un-built)
- Phoenix Executive Building, LEED Silver, Soaring Way, Truckee
- First spec home and first custom home in Martis Camp
- Numerous residences in Northstar at Tahoe with clients including: Gisko, Silverberg, Plishner, Kurland, Robinson, Lang, Ferrera, Moll, Atterbury, Mondavi, Sinclair, Bryant, Jacobs, Shaw, Jeff Tompkins, and many others.
Vernacular Meets Modern
Cabin on the Green
Award winning commercial transformation
Truckee's first LEED certified professional offices
Modern Meets Craftsman
European Mountain Chateau
Historic Riverfront Red
Award winning commercial mixed-use project
The Builder's House
"A house that not only met, but greatly exceeded my expectations"
Old Tahoe meets informal French
Design is in the Details
Rooms with a View
Maple Forest Cottage Style Mountain Retreat
The Tahoe Cabin
Alder Creekside Hideaway
"Best Great Room" 2004 Mountain Home Award
Dramatic transformation of an incomplete remodel